Throughout its over 90 years of history, GDES has always believed in innovation as a sign of identity. Thanks to its commitment to research, development and innovation, GDES has managed to position itself at the cutting edge of technological developments adapted to specific projects and needs of the energy sector.
At GDES, we believe that technological development and innovation are essential to grow and maintain leadership in our market, to respond to the constantly changing environment of today, and to drive continuous improvement in our core business. Our main objective is to continue growing as an innovative, dynamic, and proactive company that specialises in meeting the needs of our clients with solutions based on applied innovation.
- By everybody and for everybody. Innovation at GDES is developed by, and for, all of its stakeholders: staff, partners and customers.
- Culture of internal innovation and fostering creativity. GDES Innovation acts as a facilitating channel, promoting an innovative culture in all the organisation’s core business and internal processes. Fostering creativity is one of the main strategies for achieving this objective. Through the “Improvement and Development Ideas and Suggestions Programme” (Innova Programme), we seek to promote the contribution of ideas from all GDES staff, ensuring continuous improvement and innovation.
- Cross-cutting innovation based on the know-how of our core business. GDES Innovation is aligned with the interests of its core business and is therefore based on the know-how of its professionals. The GDES Innovation Committee, made up of representatives from all our divisions, performs this task and is also responsible for driving innovation activities throughout the organisation.
- Knowledge of the environment and technological developments. GDES Innovation coordinates the technology watch and foresight system that contributes to the strategic positioning of the organisation by applying competitive intelligence technique.
- Open innovation based on partnerships and alliances with other organisations, seeking to optimise our capacity for innovation, adaptability, and rapid response.
- Innovation Management System. The R&D&I Management System at GDES is certified according to the “UNE 166002:2014 R&D&I management: R&D&I management system requirements” standard.